Saturday, August 1, 2020

First day of Autumn :-)

Some years ago I created myself an "Autumn bucket list", to be done from 1st of August to 31st of October - or Lammas to Samhain. So, this year I am actually going to do it :-D

Now, there is one specific thing (and I say "one", even though there are several points on "that thing") on that list, that will cause me some problems:

"Have a teddy bears' picnic, October 27th (The International Teddy Bear Day)"

"Host or attend a fall festival with fun games, crafts, and prizes!"

"Celebrate Lughnasadh August 2nd"
Yes, it should be on the list, but isn't... 

"Stay up late and watch the harvest moon 28/9"
The harvest moon is on October 1st. Which means, there is 2 full moons in October, the other, the Blue Moon, falls on... Samhain :-D YAY!

"Celebrate Rosh Hashanah September 14."
18th of September this year.

"Celebrate Yom Kippur September 22."
27th of September this year

"Celebrate Sukkot September 28-October 5"
2nd-9th of October this year.

"Celebrate the Moon Festival or Mooncake Festival September 27"
1st of October. (Which also happens to be my husband's birthday :-D)

"Celebrate Mabon 23/9"
22nd this year

"Celebrate National Potato Day, 19/8"

"Celebrate Oktoberfest"
Should have happened 19/9-4/10, but is cancelled because of Corona, but I wouldn't have been able to go to Germany in any case, so that is not a problem.

"Have a Halloween bonfire with hot apple cider"

"Have a Halloween masquerade party with apple bobbing"

Why will this cause me problems? You know, I always have big plans and then it fizzles into nothing.

Autumn Bucket List
Autumn Crafts

No comments: