Wednesday, January 25, 2012

101 ways to say "I love you"

http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/101ways2sayiloveyou-husband

"Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!
Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength."


Women tend to keep score... and it's score keeping women always "win". The problem with this is that in the end you will feel used and unfairly treated, that he does "nothing" and you do "everything"... and that's not true.

Ok, so my husband is not good at cleaning, and keeping things in order. But he does most of the shopping. I hate shopping. So it's worth a lot for me.

He cooks, usually.

He takes care of me when I can't do that myself, sees that I take my medication, and other such things, and that is a big job, considering that I have fibromyalgia and I hate it, so I "forget" it.

He loves me and tells me all the time how beautiful and sexy and lovely and good and kind and wonderful I am, and that means the world to me.

I think one of the things that is seldom appreciated is that he's faithful to me. He is there for me, when I need him. Because of him I'm not alone facing the world. We are two in this. We are facing the world together, side by side, hand in hand... and because of that he deserves all the praise and gratefulness and love in the world. Frankly... I mean, just think of all the women you see in the tv, with cheating husbands, abusive husbands, no-good husbands... you're not one of them. Thanks to him. That's worth a lot. To me, at least :-)

No comments: