¼ cup of plain full-fat yogurt
1 egg yolk
2 pinches of lemon rinds
Mix up all the ingredients.
Rub into your scalp and hair before washing your hair.
"Avocado Hair Spa"
1 egg yolk
Mash up the avocado and mix to the egg yolk well.
Rub into your hair, comb it to be sure the mixture is evenly spread and just relax for some 15 minutes. Wash your hair.
(You can also have a facial mask while you let the mash work your hair ;-))
* you can also use the mashed avocado on itself, or mix it with lemon juice, aloe, coconut milk or mayonnaise.
"Tropical Dandruff Conditioner"
3 tbsp pure lime juice
¼ cup coconut oil
Mix and rub into your scalp. Wait about an hour, then wash your hair.
½ cup of honey
Mash the banana, mix well with the honey.
Wash your hair, apply banana honey into wet hair and let it be for about 45 minutes. Rinse the hair.
* you can also mix the banana with a little olive oil, comb into your hair, let it stand for 15 minutes and then wash your hair.
* you can also use plain honey
"Egg your hair"
1 egg yolk
1 tbs olive oil
Rub into your hair after having washed it, let sit for at least 5 minutes and rinse. If your hair is really dry, let sit for at least 10 minutes.
* you can also add one tablespoon of mayonnaise into the mixture, for maximum effect.
* Plain white vinegar works really well as a clarifying rinse.
* If you have an itchy scalp, you can try massaging a little peanut oil on your scalp before shampooing.
* Use beer to rinse your hair for body, fullness, softness and shine
* use chamomile tea or lemon juice as rinse to brighten blond hair
* ketchup removes greenness from chemically damaged blond hair. Comb ketchup into your hair after having washed it and let it sit for 20-45 minutes and rinse it. Repeat until the green is gone.
* you can also use the club soda for that purpose.
* rosemary oil can add luster and shine to dark and dry hair. Use with carrier oil or make your own oil infusion by putting some sprigs of rosemary in a bottle and let it stand in sunlight for a month. Warm the oil slightly and comb in your wet hair after having washed it. Let stand 15-60 minutes.
* sage tea used as rinse hides grey hair
* tomato juice as rinse removes bad smell from hair. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes, then rinse out.
* mint tea or green tea rinse gives lovely refreshing scent