Saturday, March 31, 2012

Amulet reading

I received an amulet reading from Nancy Thompson from Writings of a Pagan Witch (http://writingsofapaganwitch.wordpress.com/) and Kolnza Reiki.

I haven't seen the Amulets of the Goddess earlier, and I find them fascinating, so when I noticed that Nan offers readings, I took the opportunity. She is a lovely person, easy to work with, kind and... well... effective is not really the right word, but that's the closest I have at the moment :-)

I love divination and readings... they make you think.

I like Nan's soft hand on interpretation :-)

She used the Council of Elders layout, and the Goddesses that came to answer my question - as I see it - were:

The Three Muses.
"...only three Muses:
one who is born from the movement of water,
another who makes sound by striking the air,
and a third who is embodied only in the human voice.
They were Melete or Practice (Occasion)
Mneme or Memory and
Aoide or Song (voice)."
Melete means Ponder, Contemplate...

"Mneme (“memory”): Relation: interaction is impressionable and remains in memory.
Aoide (“voice” or “song”): Communication: ability to transfer information or your message from one entity to another .
Melete (“practice” or “meditation”): Presentation: how you practice your message will be how you present and convey it."

Venus of Laussel
"I have time enough, courage enough, and love enough to take care of myself. I listen to the wisdom of my body and my own Moon cycles"


Nanshe

Nanshe is the Goddess of Social Justice... Maat and Athena, the Goddess of Amazons...

"The labrys is also a a symbol of regeneration and transformation."

Nut

 "Be careful what you wish for, because it might just come true."

"Your heartfelt desires, good omens, optimism, paradise"


It's a lot of water and night sky... and arts

Gorgon

"Transforming Anger and Reclaiming Power"


"The Gorgon represents the Crone aspect of the Triple Moon Goddess. She is the serpent Goddess of the Libyan Amazons, often called the dragon of darkness, symbolising raw female power."
- Nany Blair

"Typical Etruscan chariot decoration was a `Gorgon' flanked by lions; which are clearly based on the Çatalhöyük "Goddess' in her Warrior form. (the other two forms were `Mother' and `Maiden')."
- Ray Dickenson



"know within yourself what you want, what barriers might exist, and what possibilities you are hoping to see."

Interesting thing is that the colors associated with these amulets are: silver/white; red, crimson, purple, deep purple, midnight blue and black...

1 comment:

Nancy Thompson said...

I hope you are able to find the answers you seek in the reading.

Blessings,

Nan