Monday, December 20, 2010

Blue Annis



Cailleach Bheur, Goddess as the Winter Mother.
She is NOT the feminine aspect of sun. Sunna, Sulis, Saule, is.

I'm sorry I'm not going to do much for my blog at this moment... I'm feeling awful, I'm tired and aching... But visit my husband and read his lovely story, and visit Teresa. She has a lot of interesting information in her blog.

Day 1:
Just because the earth is cold doesn't mean there's nothing going on down there in the soil. Think about what lies dormant in your own life right now, and consider what may bloom a few months from now.

Cold and dark, this time of year,
the earth lies dormant, awaiting the return
of the sun, and with it, life.
Far beneath the frozen surface,
a heartbeat waits,
until the moment is right,
to spring. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, darling, I didn't get that this blog was the one you use for the entries in the 12 Days of Yule Blog Party. I love the pic:) And the fact that you so succinctly explained to me who Cailleach Bheur is - thank you :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better. It is no fun being sick this time of year...well, not any time actually, but you know what I mean.