Saturday, December 4, 2010

Eckhard Tolle: The New Earth, rest of it

I have been thinking that perhaps this ego-babble is due to the fear of death... a thing I have never understood.
I don't want to die, but I'm not afraid of dying either. To me Death is Sleep's big brother and kind and gentle deity. It is a sleep you never wake up from. Probably also a sleep without dreams. Deep sleep... Nothing to be afraid of.

And the idea of that one day there will be no Ketutar in the world... big deal. Right now there is a Ketutar. That's me. Right now I am responsible for the life and adventures of Ketutar, of the experience and memory of Ketutar... when I'm dead, it's too late to do anything about that :-D And then it doesn't matter at all ;-)

Anyway, back to Eckhart. The more I read, the more perplexed I get. Are these things really so important to people and so hard to comprehend?

I am not my earthly possessions. What I have has nothing to do with who I am.
I do not identify myself with what I have, my status, in comparison to others, as right or wrong, as better or worse, as more or less.
I identify myself as a human being, equal with all the other human beings of this world. ALL.
I identify myself as part of the creation, and as such equal to every other part of the creation. EVERY part.
I am very aware of my existence as a cell in this huge organism called life.
But still I am also aware of my unique, personal self. It is *I* who think these thoughts *I* write down... It is not Eckhart Tolle or Sarah Jones. It's me. Ketutar Jensen.

"For many people, their sense of selfworth is intimately bound up with their physical strength, good looks, fitness, and external appearance. Many feel a diminished sense of selfworth because they perceive their body as ugly or imperfect."

Yeah... which came first, the hen or the egg?

Many people feel ugly because they are told all the time they are ugly. Not because they themselves would compare themselves to others and deem their looks objectively less appealing.
Being told all the time you are less worth makes you believe it. It is very hard to speak against the "public opinion", especially in modern world, which is full of information. You couldn't avoid hearing the messages.
This is just a way for the "powers that be" to keep you quiet and occupied with secondary matters, so that you will be easier to control, and, boy, doesn't it work!

So - when it seems you are getting loss from the hunt for perfect body and physical image, let's exchange it with hunt of ego... This whole crap reminds me of a ingenius short story by Agatha Christie... How a "person" managed to persuade a man to give up his skeleton...

You see, I'm back to copyleft. Eckhart Tolle is still exploiting your wish of becoming a better person, and selling books, CDs and DVDs, cards, calendars, "talks, intensives and retreats", and everything possible... he's selling words...
"Words... ...can cast an almost hypnotic spell upon you", he says...
He is full of crap and knows nothing, he tells you this, over and over again, and you praise him and pay him for telling you nothing you don't already know.

I don't get this. I really don't get this.


"If you are not familiar with “inner body” awareness, close your eyes for a moment and find out if there is life inside your hands. Don't ask your mind. It will say, “I can't feel anything.” Probably it will also say, “Give me something more interesting to think about.” So instead of asking your mind, go to the hands directly. By this I mean become aware of the subtle feeling of aliveness inside them. It is there. You just have to go there with your attention to notice it. you may get a slight tingling sensation at first, then a feeling of energy or aliveness. If you hold your attention in your hands for a while, the sense of aliveness will intensify. Some people won't even have to close their eyes. They will be able to feel their “inner hands” at the same times as they read this..."

Er... Yeah... my mind is a powerful tool.

I don't know... perhaps I don't get this thing with ego because I don't have it. Nothing in this sounds familiar or true to me.
I have never had any problems with mindfulness, being in the moment, "inner body awareness" and other such things.
I have never had any problems with emptying my mind and meditating.
I have never had any problems with connecting with the Highest and feeling, sensing, experiencing, being the Unity, Gaia consciousness or what ever you call it.

I am still me, I, the personal, unique, special, individual I. Ego.

---

Poor, stupid Descartes and Sartre... if they only had been as wise as Tolle!

---

"The suppression of the feminine principle especially over the past two thousand years has enabled the ego to gain absolute supremacy in the collective human psyche. Although women have egos, of course, the ego can take root and grow more easily in the male form than in the female. this is because women are less mindidentified than men. They are more in touch with the inner body and the intelligence of the organism where the intuitive faculties originate. The female form is less rigidly encapsulated than the male, has greater openness and sensitivity toward other lifeforms, and is more attuned to the natural world."

Oh, Goddess, what bull!

a) there is no difference in women's and men's minds. Claiming anything else is sexism.
b) the idea of that women are closer to nature is nothing but misogyny. It's the base to the treatment of women as mindless children, in need of being taken care and governed by adult men.

"Nobody knows the exact figure because records were not kept, but it sees certain that during a three hundred year period between three and five million women were tortured and killed by the “Holy Inquisition“

Highly overestimated, considering that the realistic and rational estimates put the victims (male and female) of inquisition to 3000-10000 - thousands, not millions.

"It was enough for a woman to show a love for animals, walk alone in the fields or woods, or gather medicinal plants to be branded a witch"
No, it wasn't.

"The sacred feminine was declared demonic, and an entire dimension largely disappeared form human experience."
*sigh* No, it didn't. But, perhaps you truly believe people couldn't keep their secrets back some hundreds of years ago. In Italy - where the Catholic inquisition had quite an influence - they kept the Strega alive.

"Males who denied the feminine even within themselves where now running the world..."
"...this fear of the feminine that could only be described as acute collective paranoia"


"But then why in many ancient preChristian civilizations such as the Sumerian, Egyptian, and Celtic were women respected and the feminine principle not feared but revered?"

The appreciation and treatment of women was not especially different in the Hebrew and Sumerian societies. The Greek society was horribly misogynist. Celts weren't especially appreciative of women either. The same about Roman society or the Indian society, the cradle of Hinduism and Buddhism, and the main body of the "Eastern Wisdoms" now so revered by the Western spiritual world. It doesn't matter that Goddess was worshiped in the society.

"What is it that suddenly made men feel threatened by the female? The evolving ego in them. It knew it could gain full control of our planet only through the male form, and to do so, it had to render the female powerless."

Oh, crap!

"The sacred feminine, because it is suppressed, is felt by many women as emotional pain. In fact, it has become part of their painbody, together with the accumulated pain suffered by women over millennia through childbirth, rape, slavery, torture and violent death."

This is such crap! But I'm sure all the so-called feminists lap this up...
 
"Certain countries in which many acts of collective violence were suffered or perpetrated have a heavier collective painbody than others. This is why older nations tend to have stronger painbodies. It is also why younger countries, such as Canada or Australia, and those that have remained more sheltered from the surrounding madness, such as Switzerland, tend to have lighter collective painbodies."

Oh, yeah! We don't give a shit about all the aborigins who have been abused by their European overlords! Of course the history before the REAL, official, Western history doesn't matter! In Switzerland the inquisition had quite a heavy toll, it's one of the most racist countries in the world and the Western country where women received their voting rights last, but - hey, it was neutral during both world wars, who cares about the rest? Never mind hunger and cold winters and tribal wars and other such insignificant things, it's not that such things have an effect on the "painbody" :-D

This guy is really unbelievable... and yet so many believe everything he says and thinks it's wise and profound...`

I give up on this book.

The painbody part of the book is more interesting, even though I'm quite fed up with this guy.

I call this "painbody" shadows.

Also, angels feel your emotions as physical. "Negative" emotions are like physical violence, "positive" emotions like caressing. I have no difficulties in thinking it works so with our angel-souls as well. So the idea of our "positive" attitude spreading like ripples in water to heal and comfort others' pain sounds like a good idea. At least, it will keep me calm and serene, so that at least one person is ok.
Besides, pets react on your emotions, why wouldn't people?

No comments: