Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Silver knotwork of humankind



I really like creating scrapbooking layouts :-D
Now, I do mine in PSP8, and these are just layouts, no photos attached. (Yeah, yeah, the old song... can't afford... No. I choose to use my money on other things. THAT's what it's all about. Some people choose to buy scrapbooking materials, I choose to buy other things, like books and other kind of art materials. I'm totally addicted to colored pencils :-D)
So, this one - use a nice patterned paper as base, make a cute little pumpkin of small scraps of orange paper, and write some words on it that to you associate to Samhain. I have written "Tradition, Other World, Family, Don't Be Afraid, Harvest".

We use two words in Finnish for "family", "perhe" and "suku" - The first one is for the immediate family, mother, father, siblings, children. The second is for the extended family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, ancestors and grandchildren - the relatives. To me Samhain is the day of the year, when I really feel the silver lines from thousands of years behind me to thousands of years in front of me. Now, I don't have any children, and probably won't ever have any, so there really are no silver lines in front of me, but I'm still connected to the silver lines of my siblings... It's like a wonderful, great Celtic knotwork...

At this time of year I do believe in past lives :-D So the silver knotwork is in two layers - there's the family one, of ancestry and bloodlines, and then there's the one of witchcraft. I believe I am a witch, born witch, and I have always been a witch, that in spite of which bloodline and which culture I'm born in, I will be a witch. A shaman, a healer, a druid, a priestess... who ever works with magic and nature in that current culture and tradition. I believe I carry with me the knowledge

I really like My Ghoul Friday :-)

and The Toymaker :-)

Artsy Mama has always nice things. Like her 13 days of Halloween: garlands.

No comments: