Once you decide to create a spell, follow these basic steps:
* Clearly understand and define your magickal need
* If you wish to use a special element then decide which one is most appropriate and collect items to represent that energy
Gather candles, stones or whatever else you intend to use to focus and
send the energy you will raise. Empower those items with your personal
energy as you focus upon your goal.
* Decide upon your words of power. You may write them out, or simply remember the key phrases you wish to use as you improvise
If you wish to use a special deity in your magick, decide on who, and
on how you will petition and connect with him or her. You may want to
write out special prayers and invocations and memorize them.
how you will visualize you goal. This is the essence of the magick, and
very important to your outcome. The moment you start visualizing the
resolution of a magickal need is the moment you begin to create the
changes in your deep mind necessary for the magick to manifest. Don't
skimp on visualization. Enjoy it!
* Decide when and where you want to
do the spell. Where will depend largely on your own resources. When can
be anytime you like, or you may take into consideration astrological
* At the appropriate time gather what you will use and go to the place where you will perform the spell.
* Cast your protective circle or utilize some other form of protection which you can count on.
Invite whatever elementals, faeries, spirits or deities you wish to
have present as you work. They should always be welcome, but they are
not necessary for spell work.
* Clear your mind and begin visualizing your goal.
* Raise energy within yourself and pour it into the magickal object/s
Use your words of power, light your candles, charge your stones, dance
or sing - Do whatevery you have decided to do to focus your attention
and raise energy.
* Take advantage of natural phenomena which can
help you raise energy. A storm, for instance, is an excellent source of
energy which can help you feed a spell. Feel yourself becoming a part of
the storm, and feel yourself psychically drawing on the storm's vast
stores of energy, as you seek to raise your own energies or 'cone of
When you feel you have put as much energy into the spell as you can,
send the energy out to do your will. Relax, throw up your arms, raise a
tool, kneel, or do whatever else makes your feel the energy being sent.
Be sure to direct it from you visually as well.
* You should finish
your spell with words such as "So Mote It Be". It is a statement of
completion and an affirmation that you know your magick is successful.
* Meditate briefly on your goal. Visualize it as already manifest. Smile, and know the magick is at work.
When you are ready to close the circle thank the elementals and spirits
who have joined you, and thank your deities especially. if you have
called the quarters, dismiss them in a counter-clockwise movement
beginning again in the west. Dismiss all whom you have called upon with
the traditional phrase "Merry Meet, Merry Part, And Merry Meet Again"
* Always ground the energy from your circle. See it dissipate and return to the earth.
Record your ritual in your Book of Shadows with the date, time, weather
conditions, and any astrological data you may wish to include. This
will be useful later when you have done enough spells to look for
patterns... These patterns will help you pick the best times for your
own spell work.
* Back up your desire on the physical plane. For example, if you performed a spell for healing, don't avoid seeing your doctor!